This weekend I finally got the gate I built for some friends out of the house and installed at their place. The gate was a lot of fun to build, but it was nice to get it out of the way and checked off the to-do list.
The only real challenge in hanging the gate is that the post to which we attached the hinges wasn’t vertical, so we had to attache a section of 2×4 to the post so the hinges could be screwed into the post and keep the hinge pins lined up. The patch is a little ugly, but once a coat of paint is added, it shouldn’t be too noticeable.
Here are a couple of photos of the gate after we got it hung.